Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
Autism Queensland continues to monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and updates to the Australian community coming from the Federal and Queensland Government.
At this stage, our services continue to operate as normal, with the exception of some small changes (please see below). We continue to review our service delivery to see which supports can be offered via a telehealth platform and those that can still be delivered face to face within the confines of social distancing.
Please rest assured the team at Autism Queensland are working hard to maintain services and supports to you and your family. Health and hygiene procedures remain a priority and are an essential part of all capacity building activities, education programs and other supports we offer.
All clients and their parents/carers who are accessing face to face services at Autism Queensland are reminded they must follow Federal Government self-isolation guidelines if they have returned to Australia from overseas, have been in been in contact with someone with a case of coronavirus, or are feeling unwell. In all instances please notify us immediately if this is the case.
- Studio G Brisbane transferring from the Edge, State Library to the Autism Hub, Woolloongabba.
- Rescheduling of Early Days and scheduled workshops for online delivery via Zoom to enable remote access.
- Cancellation of Stephen Shore "Thriving on the Autism Spectrum" event, Brisbane, May.
- Regional School Advisory visits have been cancelled and online consultations implemented.
- Cancellation of all air travel for AQ staff.
We appreciate your support and patience during this time. We will continue to provide updates as they come to hand.
Chief Executive Officer
Useful Information and Links