28 Jun 2021
For full details of the Queensland Government restrictions please visit the Queensland Health website.
Autism Queensland restrictions are as follows:
- Masks to be worn in indoor spaces by staff and visitors to all AQ sites when you are unable to socially distance or as per the exemptions below.
- Children under 12 years and students are not required to wear mask.
- Other mask exemptions include: where the person’s disability makes it impracticable for the persona and/or worker to wear a mask; medical exemptions, where it is not safe to wear a mask, where the therapy being delivered necessitates removal of a mask for the client or staff member.
- The above requirements also apply to staff or visitors who have been in SEQ in the last 14 days.
- Temperature screening has been reintroduced for all Brisbane sites.
- Physical distancing of 1.5 metres will be maintained wherever practicable.
For our accommodation services:
- No personal visitors – including care and support visitors – are allowed to enter
- Only people providing an essential purpose will be allowed to enter
- Anyone entering a facility must wear a single use surgical face mask.
Autism Queensland continues to monitor the current coronavirus (COVID-19) situation in Queensland and updates to the community coming from the Queensland Government.
Since the beginning of the COVID outbreak in 2020, we have adopted these guiding principles for decision making, which continue to steer us well. These remain and are:
- Taking care of our people, employees and clients
- As an essential service provider, remaining open and available for our clients where possible
- Keeping the business running to the best of its ability under a COVID Safe Workplan
- Adhering to government directives
We remain committed to delivering services to support people on the autism spectrum and their families in a range of formats to suit individual needs and within the appropriate health guidelines.
And please remember we are here to help. If you have any enquiries about Autism Queensland and our services please email [email protected]