Update: Covid-19 Vaccination Rollout
14 Jun 2021
The Commonwealth Department of Health has issued an announcement on 10 June 2021 stating that all NDIS participants 16 years and over, and their carers, are now eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine.
The following are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine:
- People with significant disability and/or a mental health condition over 16 years of age
- The disability workforce
- Unpaid carers
- All NDIS participants aged 16 years and over
- Carers aged 16 years and over of NDIS participants of any age
People within these groups can register on the Queensland Health booking page.
In order to receive priority access:
- NDIS participants and other people with disability should select “Persons 16 and over with an underlying medical condition, including people with a disability”.
- Carers, disability sector workers and volunteers should select “Other healthcare workers, including carers and support volunteers”.
Step-by-step instructions to register for priority access to a COVID-19 vaccine are now available on Queensland Health’s website for people with disability, disability workforce and carers.
This provider alert along with other resources and information about the COVID-19 vaccine rollout is available from a dedicated web page for disability service providers on the Commonwealth Department of Health website. This page will be updated regularly.
The Commonwealth Department of Health will update the Information for people with disability about COVID-19 vaccines with further information about the phase 1b rollout shortly.
For more information about the schedule please visit the Department of Health’s website to find an array of resources including a vaccine eligibility checker, advice on priority groups, videos, infographics and more. You can also call the national coronavirus and COVID-19 vaccine helpline, 1800 020 080, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.