Proof of vaccination requirement update
17 Dec 2021
As of today, Friday 17 December, Autism Queensland is required by the Queensland Government to ask for evidence of vaccination from all visitors over the age of 16 years to our sites.
These can include contractors, volunteers, support workers and others attending an AQ site who are not clients accessing an AQ service.
Proof of vaccination and evidence of medical exemption can be any of the following:
- written confirmation of COVID-19 vaccination, such as a record of vaccine card
- vaccination information displayed on the Check in Qld app
- a COVID-19 digital certificate or printed vaccination certificate from the Australian Immunisation Register
- an online or printed immunisation history statement for COVID-19, including confirmation of a medical contraindication
- an International COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate.
We understand these restrictions will have implications for some of our clients, and this is a cause of concern for both themselves and their families.
Autism Queensland remains committed to supporting our clients throughout these challenging times while continuing to comply with Queensland Government directives as required. (For further details, follow this link to the Queensland Government website.)
We ask for your patience as we determine the best way forward in ensuring our continued provision of our services to those clients affected by this mandate.
Please note we continue to monitor Queensland Government advice and will provide further updates as they become available.
Please contact us with any concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.