Autism Advisor Program
The Autism Advisor Program (AAP) is a free information and support service for parents and carers of young children (0-6 years) who have received a diagnosis of autism or who think their child may be on the autism spectrum. We provide one on one support and facilitated peer group programs throughout Queensland.
Autism Queensland is funded by the Department of Social Services (DSS) to deliver the program in Queensland.
Our autism advisors can provide information about:
- Autism and what it means to your family
- Early childhood intervention
- Local services and supports for the child and family
- NDIS pathways
- Childcare, kindergarten and school
- Centrelink and Medicare.
If you have any general questions about autism, funding or early intervention call 1800 428 847 or email email@example.com
One on one conversations tailored to your family’s needs. Autism Advisors can assist you either in person or over the phone.
Facilitated Peer Support Groups
We also provide the opportunity for parents and carers to connect with others on a similar journey in a safe, facilitated environment through:
- Coffee and chat get-togethers
- The Talking About Autism series – an informal series of 4 facilitated sessions delivered in sequence or separately; supporting discussion around autism, early intervention pathways, connection with community supports and self-care for carers. Topics include: Exploring Autism, Looking at Early Intervention, Connecting to Community & Services, Caring for Yourself and Your Family.
Should you require an interpreter please call TIS National 131450.