Autism Advisor Program
What is the Autism Advisor Program?
The Queensland Autism Advisor Program (AAP) is funded through the Department of Social Services and is based at Autism Queensland. AAP offers the following to families/carers:
- Information about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Information about local early intervention services and support services
- Access to the HCWA Early Intervention funding and the Rural and Remote payment (where applicable)
How do I know if my child is eligible?
An Autism Advisor is able to assist you if:
- Your child is 0–6 years of age
- Your child has a conclusive Australian diagnosis of an Autism Spectrum Disorder made by one of these options:
- A multidisciplinary team ( a multidisciplinary must include both a psychologist and a speech pathologist who undertake a combined assessment and diagnosis of your child).
- You are an Australian citizen or have Australian permanent residency status Please note New Zealand citizens are not automatically eligible. Proof of residency status is required.
How do I apply?
To access the Autism Advisor Program, please complete the application and consent form in the application package and attach the relevant documentation as listed below:
- Autism Advisor Program Application Package (please download)
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate
- A copy of your child’s letter/report of diagnosis - the diagnosis needs to be on letterhead, signed, dated and states your child has one of the following:
Autism Spectrum Disorder, Autistic Disorder, Asperger’s Disorder/Syndrome, Childhood Disintegrative Disorder or Pervasive Development Disorder – Not Otherwise Specified (PDD-NOS)
- Proof of your child’s Centrelink Customer Reference Number (CRN) e.g. from their Health Care Card
- A copy of a recent rates notice, tenancy agreement or utilities bill i.e. gas, water or electricity
- Proof of citizenship or permanent residency status, if both parents were not born in Australia
- Copy of any court orders, parenting plans, authority to care order, etc. (if relevant to the care of the child).
Send these documents to:
Mail: Autism Advisor Program, PO Box 354, Sunnybank, Qld 4109
Fax: 07 3711 2751.
Once we have received all these documents, you will be contacted to make an appointment for a consultation with an Autism Advisor.
For more information please contact the Autism Advisors:
P: 1800 428 847 or 07 3273 0000