Make a Meal of It | Brisbane
A facilitated group activity program to help individuals build capacity for an independent life. This is a 10-week program for adults on the autism spectrum that aims to help develop independence and daily living skills through activities including cooking, budgeting, shopping and social participation.
This program is delivered at Autism Queensland Sunnybank Hills.
- Tuesday 8 October - Tuesday 10 December | Sessions held weekly (Tuesdays) 9.30am - 12.30pm
PEERS® Social Skills Group for Adults | Brisbane
PEERS® for Young Adults is an evidence-based social skills intervention for motivated young adults between 18-38 years of age who are interested in learning skills to make and keep friends and develop romantic relationships. Individuals can choose a 10 or 20-week program depending on their goals. (This internationally acclaimed program was originally developed at UCLA by PEERS® Clinic Founding Director, Dr Elizabeth Laugeson).
This program will be delivered at OES Hall, 36 Oxford Street, Buranda
- Friday 2 August - Friday 4 October (10 Week Program) | Sessions held weekly (Fridays) 9.00am - 11.00am each day
- Friday 2 August - Friday 13 December (20 Week Program) | Sessions held weekly (Fridays) 9.00am - 11.00am each day
Recreation Group| Brisbane
This group for independent adults on the spectrum between the ages of 18-30 years meets every second Friday evening. The semi-structured environment of the group encourages interaction, communication and fun while helping improve social life and enhance social skills. Participants must be able to function without one on one support and get themselves to and from the venues.
Studio G | Brisbane, Gold Coast & Mackay
Studio G is a 10-week term-based interactive workshop that supports young people on the autism spectrum in the transition to employment, training or further education.
Travel TRAINing | Brisbane
A 10-week program for individuals interested in learning more about train travel or would like to start catching the train. During the program, participants will learn how to plan a journey, train etiquette and safety, back-up plans' and how to plan for the unexpected.
This program is delivered from the Autism Hub at Woolloongabba.
A program for adults 18+ years who are interested in connecting with others and developing the skills needed for an independent and healthy life. The Hangout is supported by autism specialists and mentors. Each participant will receive an individual goal setting session before the program commences to identify their needs and goals.
Throughout the program, individuals will:
- Meet new people and practice conversation
- Organise group outings and learn about social safety
- Learn about food, budget and plan outings to eateries
- Play board games and more..
Autism Queensland Sunnybank Hills
- Tuesday 8 October - Thursday 12 December | Sessions held weekly (Tuesdays & Thursdays) 1.00pm - 4.00pm
For more information:
P. 07 3273 0000