Helping Children with Autism (HCWA) package
If you are living in an area that has not yet fully transitioned to NDIS (Gympie, Sunshine Coast, Moreton Bay and Gold Coast local government areas) you may be eligible to access the HCWA Early Intervention funding. Autism Advisors can assist you to register your child for this funding.
What is HCWA Early Intervention funding?
The HCWA funding provides for up to $12 000 (maximum $6000 per financial year). This funding can be used to access early intervention (therapy) services from an Approved Panel of Providers until all funding is used OR the child turns 7 years OR the child has an approved/activated NDIS plan - whichever happens first.
How do I know if my child is eligible for HCWA Early Intervention funding?
An Autism Advisor is able to assist you if:
- Your child is aged 0-6 years and has received a diagnosis of an ASD by a paediatrician, psychiatrist or multidisciplinary team in Australia. A multidisciplinary team must include both a psychologist and a speech pathologist who conduct a combined assessment and diagnosis and provide a combined report.
- The carer and the child being cared for must be an Australian citizen or hold a permanent resident visa. (Please note New Zealand citizens are not automatically eligible. Proof of residency status is required.)
If your child is six (6) years old and has an eligible diagnosis of an ASD, please contact us to discuss options for your family.
How do I apply?
To access the Autism Advisor Program please download the application and consent form in the application package (or contact us at the email below and we will send you the forms). You are also required to provide the following documents:
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate
- A copy of your child’s letter/report of diagnosis. The diagnosis must be on a letterhead, signed, dated and stating your child has one of the following: Autism Spectrum Disorder, Autistic Disorder, Asperger’s Disorder/Syndrome, Childhood Disintegrative Disorder or Pervasive Development Disorder - Not Otherwise Specified (PDD-NOS)
- Proof of your child’s Centrelink Customer Reference Number (CRN) - eg from the child’s Health Care Card, a screenshot from Centrelink Online, a daycare statement or a parent's pension card which shows the child's CRN
- A copy of a recent rates notice, tenancy agreement or utilities bill (eg a gas, electricity, water, or home phone bill)
- Proof of citizenship or permanent residency status where relevant (if the carer was not born in Australia)
- Copy of any Court Orders, Parenting Plans, Authority to Care, Child Safety Orders etc (if relevant to the care of the child).
Send the completed application and required supporting documents to:
Email: email@example.com or mail to: Autism Advisor Program, PO Box 354, Sunnybank, Qld 4109.
When we receive these documents you will be contacted to make an appointment for a consultation with an Autism Advisor.
If your child is registered for the HCWA Early Intervention funding, please contact us if:
- You have any questions or your details change at any time
- You would like to discuss the new funding scheme, the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and how you can apply for the NDIS for your child.
For more information or to request a consultation please contact the Autism Advisors:
P: 1800 428 847 or 07 3273 0000