How the AAP can still help
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is gradually rolling out throughout Queensland, and if you are living in an area that has transitioned to the NDIS, this now means that your child is not eligible for the HCWA Early Intervention funding.
However, if you have a child, 0-7 years who has signs of autism or an ASD diagnosis, you are still able to access support from the Autism Advisor Program. We can provide support to your family by:
- Providing individual pre or post-diagnostic consultations (face-to-face or on the telephone) to discuss your child’s diagnosis, early intervention options, local supports, mainstream services, Medicare and other relevant funding options. We can also discuss the NDIS and how to apply.
- Facilitating small group, parent/carer conversations (available in some areas)
- Providing information to assist children and families to access the following components of the HCWA package:
- Helping Children with Autism Medicare Items
- Raising Children Network
- Parent/carer Early Days and Positive Partnerships workshops
- PlayConnect playgroups (where available).
For more information or to request a consultation with an Autism Advisor please contact us at:
P: 1800 428 847 or 07 3273 0000
Need more information about the NDIS?
If your child is aged 0-6 years you should contact your local NDIS Early Childhood Intervention Partner to discuss eligibility for funding and support through the NDIS. Access the ECEI Partner list here.
Check dates for the NDIS rollout here.