Support and Advocacy Sites
- Amparo Advocacy Inc: A non-profit community organisation which provides individual and systemic advocacy on behalf of people from a non-English speaking background who have a disability. AMPARO advocates for vulnerable people living in the Brisbane area, for whom language and/or cultural differences make it difficult to understand and negotiate systems and services.
- Asperger Services Australia: Provides support to parents, families, carers, and siblings as well as to children, adolescents and adults with Asperger's Syndrome.
- Livewire.org.au: A safe online place for young people aged 10 to 20 years old, living with a serious illness, chronic health condition or disability, and their siblings.
- The Mental Health Association Australia: A non-Government, not-for-profit organisation and currently operates Queensland’s only mental health information line staffed by trained mental health personnel and volunteers who can help you. your clients and their family members access support, information and referral to mental health related services in their area. Mental Health Information Line - 1300 729 686.
- Disability News Infoxchange: Disability News Infoxchange provides news, media releases, conferences/seminars/training, forums, new services and upcoming events, from around Australia.
- Queensland Advocacy Incorporated: Queensland Advocacy Incorporated (QAI) is an independent, community-based systems advocacy and legal advocacy organisation for people with disability in Queensland. QAI's mission is to promote, protect and defend, through advocacy, the fundamental needs and rights and lives of the most vulnerable people with disability in Queensland. QAI does this by engaging in systems advocacy work - through campaigns directed to attitudinal, law and policy change, and by supporting the development of a range of advocacy initiatives in this State.