The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) will provide support for eligible Australians up to age 65 who are living with a permanent and significant disability.
The official rollout of the NDIS in Queensland began on July 1, 2016. Click here for details of when it will occur in your local area. You can also follow this link to access fact sheets and other information to help you with your NDIS journey.
Autism Queensland is registered with the NDIS to deliver a range of supports. If you are eligible for the NDIS and live in an area where the NDIS is currently available your needs will be assessed in a planning and assessment process managed by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA).
NDIS Updates and Events
To stay up to date with news on the NDIS in Queensland we recommend you:
- Check here regularly for the latest Queensland NDIS news & subscribe to the Queensland NDIS update
- Visit the NDIS Queensland Calendar for events near you that will provide more information on the NDIS and its introduction into Queensland.
- Follow NDIS on: Twitter Facebook Linkedin YouTube
For CALD Communities
- Please click here if you would like more information about assistance and advocacy available through AMPARO Advocacy Inc for families from culturally and linguistic diverse communities.
- My NDIS pathway explained - introductory information about the NDIS in ten languages other than English (LOTE). Follow this link for more information.
Still need to know more?
If you require any further information about the NDIS please contact the NDIA:
P. 1800 800 110 (8am-8pm Monday-Friday)