Projects Requiring Participants
High quality research is essential to enable us to develop a better understanding of Autism and to develop better interventions in the future.
Why should you get involved?
Researchers are always looking for participants for their projects – the more participants, the greater the chances of meaningful results that reflect the wide range of issues that people on the autism spectrum and their families face. So get involved where you can – it will help improve our knowledge and it may benefit you!
Disclaimer: Autism Queensland aims to support research that promises to inform future directions of services for individuals on the spectrum and their families. Although we screen each project before advertising, we do not necessarily endorse the views, activities or organisations of researchers.
Projects seeking participants
Contact details of all researchers are provided for each of our projects. If you are interested in participating in a study please click on those of the following you believe will be of interest. This list is updated regularly and includes research being undertaken externally and by Autism Queensland.
- Aspirations Through Time: The Year 10 transition planning experience of Queensland students on the autism spectrum
- Investigating Autistic Burnout (#Autburnout)
- The Australian Biobank Study
- The Autism ASSIST Project
- Combined Gut-brain Treatment for Children with Autism
- Do actions speak louder than words? Parent perspectives on when gesture helps or hinders learning and outcomes for children with autism
- ENACT: Environmental Enrichment for infants: parenting with Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Middle Years Behaviour Support Project
- Organised Extracurricular Social Activity Participation for School-aged Children with and without Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Outcomes for Children and Young People with Disability
- Parents’ Perception and Experience of the Transition to Adulthood for their Child Diagnosed with an Intellectual Disability
- Resilience Pathways in Autistic Adults
If you would like to have your project listed on our site, please click here.