Projects Requiring Participants
High quality research is essential to enable us to develop better understanding of Autism and to develop better interventions in the future.
Why should you get involved?
Researchers are always looking for participants for their projects – the more participants, the greater the chances of meaningful results that reflect the wide range of issues that people with Autism and their families face. So get involved where you can – it will help improve our knowledge and it may benefit you!
Disclaimer: Autism Queensland aims to support research that promises to inform future directions of services for individuals with autism spectrum disorders and their families. Although we screen each project before advertising, we do not necessarily endorse the views, activities or organisations of researchers.
Projects seeking participants
Contact details of all researchers are provided for each of our projects. If you are interested in participating in a study please click on those of the following you believe will be of interest. This list is updated regularly and includes research being undertaken externally and by Autism Queensland.
- Audio Description in Australia
- Before the Bowl Breaks: Predicting Psychological Wellbeing of Care Providers of Individuals with ASD
- Correlates of Victimisation and Quality of Life of Women on the Autism Spectrum: Comparing the Experiences of Diagnosed, Self-Identifying and Neurotypical Women
- Exploring the social-emotional and academic experiences of adolescent girls on the autism spectrum during the first two years of secondary school
- How was your day?
- Factors contributing to the rejection and abandonment of AAC systems
- Online Health Information & Me
- Story Time for Parents with Pre-school Children on the Autism Spectrum
- The Australian Longitudinal Study of Adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ALSAA)
- The Australian Biobank Study
- The views of adults on the autism spectrum and their families their regarding interactions with police in Australia
If you would like to have your project listed on our site, please click here.