Secret Agent Society
A revolutionary social skills program for 8-12 year olds with social and emotional challenges.
Raising a child with ASD can be very rewarding, but it can also be extremely challenging. Children with autism often find it difficult to understand their own emotions and those of others, to express their feelings in appropriate ways and have trouble making friends.
The Secret Agent Society (SAS) social skills program creates a fun, non-threatening environment in which children can learn the skills they need to become happy, well-adjusted and valued members of our society. This flexible program helps parents and professionals to improve children's emotional understanding and social skills by teaching them:
- How to recognise emotions in themselves and others.
- How to express feelings in appropriate ways.
- How to cope with feelings of anger and anxiety.
- How to start, continue and end conversations and play activities with others.
- How to tell the difference between friendly joking and mean teasing.
- How to manage bullying.
- How to cope with making mistakes.
- How to handle new situations and ask for help when needed.
This program is available during school terms at our centres in Brisbane, Gladstone, Rockhampton, Mackay & Cairns.
Autism Queensland Sunnybank Hills
P. 07 3273 0000
Program commencing Friday 1 March 2019
Autism Queensland Brighton
P. 07 3273 0000
Program commencing Tuesday 19 February
Autism Queensland Gladstone
Autism Queensland Rockhampton
P. 07 4923 4800
Autism Queensland Mackay
P. 07 4841 8300
Autism Queensland Cairns