Secret Agent Society
A revolutionary social skills program for 8-12 year olds with high-functioning Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Raising a child with ASD can be very rewarding, but it can also be extremely challenging. Children with autism often find it difficult to understand their own emotions and those of others, to express their feelings in appropriate ways and have trouble making friends.
The Secret Agent Society (SAS) social skills program creates a fun, non-threatening environment in which children can learn the skills they need to become happy, well-adjusted and valued members of our society. This flexible program helps parents and professionals to improve children's emotional understanding and social skills by teaching them:
- How to recognise emotions in themselves and others.
- How to express feelings in appropriate ways.
- How to cope with feelings of anger and anxiety.
- How to start, continue and end conversations and play activities with others.
- How to tell the difference between friendly joking and mean teasing.
- How to manage bullying.
- How to cope with making mistakes.
- How to handle new situations and ask for help when needed.
The Secret Agent Society program consists of:
- SAS Family Kit and computer game
- Introductory parent information session
- Pre & post assessment
- Nine exciting 90 minute group sessions with ‘home missions’
- Nine weekly 30 minute parent sessions to provide guidance to support children’s social development
- Teacher tip sheets to provide recommendations to school staff on how to support children’s social development and create a friendly and caring learning environment
- Two follow up sessions at three and six months after the program.
*If you are a school or organisation please contact us to obtain a quote for the service.
The Secret Agent Society program is available at our centres in Brisbane, Mackay & Cairns.
Autism Queensland Mackay
P. 07 4841 8300