► An interactive workshop that supports young people with autism in the transition to employment, training or further education.
► A facilitated group activity program led by content experts and supported by a case management structure that aims to support individuals in the development of social, job and life skills.
► Suitable for participants aged 16 -24 years (15-24 in Cairns & Mackay). Students enrolled in years 11 and 12 at school are welcome to join the program.
This 10 week, term-based program runs from 1pm - 4pm each Tuesday and Thursday at the following locations. (Please note all partipants are required to bring their own laptop.)
- Brisbane at “The Edge”, the State Library of Queensland's arts technology, science and enterprise centre, located adjacent to the State Library of Queensland at South Bank.
- Mackay at CQUniversity Mackay City Campus.
- Cairns at Cairns City Library.
PROGRAM FEES (Participants are required to provide their own laptop):
Brisbane & Cairns
► 2018 Fees: $1200 per 10-week term.
►Please contact us for more details as funding for the program ONLY (not laptops) is available through the NDIS for eligible participants.
APPLY TO ENROL HERE ►
Studio G employs content experts or ‘mentors’ with experience in screen-based creative design and project development to lead participants on a journey of creative project development. All software, internet access and technology support is provided for participants. Click here to view the different creative programs available.
With a ratio of one mentor for four participants, Studio G provides a nurturing and dynamic environment where young people can build relationships of trust with skilled and experienced digital arts professionals. The program is structured to allow participants to grow at their own pace and, with the assistance of their mentors, develop and complete projects in accordance with goals they themselves have set.
The Studio G program strives to deliver a world's best practice service and in doing so acknowledges the support of the following individuals and organisations:
The Edge, State Library of Queensland I CQUniversity I Cairns Libraries I The Lab I UPS
If you require further information:
P: 07 3273 0000
You may also be interested in:
- Teen Tech Shed | An after-school social group for participants aged 12-15 years running during school terms on Monday & Wednesday afternoons (3.35pm-5.15pm). Read more ►
- The Girls' iPhone Short Film Club | Commencing Term 2, 2018 this course will run over 10 weeks on Tuesday & Thursday afternoons (3.30pm-5.30pm) during which participants will create a short film using their iPhone or iPad. For girls aged 13-16 years. More details to come. (If you like to submit an expression of interest for this program please click here.)