Studio G will commence on the Gold Coast, mid-2019. Please click here to submit an Expression of Interest to attend.
Studio G is a 10-week term-based interactive workshop that supports young people on the autism spectrum in the transition to employment, training or further education. Participants* attend twice weekly from 1pm-4pm in:
- BRISBANE: Tuesday & Friday, “The Edge”, State Library of Queensland, South Bank. (Ages 16-24 years)
- MACKAY: Tuesday & Thursday, CQUniversity Mackay City Campus. (Ages 15-25 years)
- GOLD COAST: Commencing 2019. (Ages 16-24 years).
*Students enrolled in years 11 and 12 at school are welcome to join the program.
This is a facilitated group activity program that aims to support participating individuals in the development of social, job and life skills through:
- Skill development that assists in helping young people build their capacity to transition into employment, training or further education
- The provision of a safe, friendly and social environment that encourages re-engagement with society and peers.
- Required attendance at weekly classes helps establish routines necessary for future participation in work and social activities.
With a ratio of one mentor for four participants, Studio G provides a nurturing and dynamic environment where young people can build relationships of trust with skilled and experienced digital arts professionals. The program is structured to allow participants to grow at their own pace and, with the assistance of their mentors, develop and complete projects in accordance with goals they themselves have set. All software, internet access and technology support is provided, however, participants are required to bring their own laptop.
Creative programs for participants include: Computer Game Development, Photography & Graphic Design, Animation, Music & Sound (for film & media), Short Film Making, Creative Writing.
Fees are charged on a term by term basis. Please contact us for more information.
Studio G program to deliver a world's best practice service and in doing so acknowledges the support of the following individuals and organisations:
The Edge, State Library of Queensland I CQUniversity I The Lab
P: 07 3273 0000
You may also be interested in: