Studio G is a 10-week term-based interactive workshop that supports young people on the autism spectrum in the transition to employment, training or further education. Participants attend twice weekly from 1pm-4pm in:
- BRISBANE: Monday & Friday, “The Edge”, State Library of Queensland, South Bank. (Ages 16-24 years)*
- MACKAY: Tuesday & Thursday, CQUniversity Mackay City Campus. (Ages 15-25 years)
- GOLD COAST: Commencing 16 July 2019, Tuesday & Thursday, Creative Tech Hub, Helensvale Library. (Ages 16-24 years).
This is a facilitated group activity program that aims to support participating individuals in the development of social, job and life skills through:
- Skill development that assists in helping young people build their capacity to transition into employment, training or further education
- The provision of a safe, friendly and social environment that encourages re-engagement with society and peers.
- Required attendance at weekly classes helps establish routines necessary for future participation in work and social activities.
With a ratio of one mentor for four participants, Studio G provides a nurturing and dynamic environment where young people can build relationships of trust with skilled and experienced digital arts professionals. The program is structured to allow participants to grow at their own pace and, with the assistance of their mentors, develop and complete projects in accordance with goals they themselves have set. All software, internet access and technology support is provided, however, participants are required to bring their own laptop.
Creative programs for participants include: Computer Game Development, Photography & Graphic Design, Animation, Music & Sound (for film & media), Short Film Making, Creative Writing.
Fees are charged on a term by term basis.
*Due to high demand, we are not currently accepting applications for Studio G in Brisbane. Applications for the Mackay and Gold Coast programs are still open. Click here to learn more about other programs for adults ►
For more information:
P: 07 3273 0000
Studio G program to deliver a world's best practice service and in doing so acknowledges the support of the following individuals and organisations:
- The Edge, State Library of Queensland
- Helensvale Library
- The Lab