Studio G is going online!
Studio G is a 10-week workshop that supports young adults (18+ years) on the autism spectrum in the transition to employment, training or further education.
This program is generally delivered in Brisbane, Mackay and on the Gold Coast but due to the COVID-19 outbreak face to face sessions have been postponed until further notice and will be replaced with a web-based option.
Studio G online sessions are as follows (please note participation is required twice weekly in the selected group, ie Monday and Friday or Tuesday and Thursday.)
- Monday & Friday, 1.00 pm - 4.00 pm | Commencing Monday 20 April 2020
- Tuesday & Thursday, 1.00 pm - 4.00 pm | Commencing Tuesday 21 April 2020
Each of the above sessions will be facilitated in a safe and nurturing online environment that is moderated by program mentors during sessions.
Studio G aims to support individuals in the development of social, job and life skills through:
- Skill development that assists in helping young people build their capacity to transition into employment, training or further education
- The provision of a safe, friendly and social environment that encourages re-engagement with society and peers.
- Required attendance at weekly online sessions helps establish routines necessary for future participation in work and social activities.
It provides a dynamic environment where young people can build social skills, a sense of inclusion, and confidence in their own potential to achieve goals. The program is structured to allow participants to develop at their own pace and, with the assistance of their mentors, develop and complete projects in accordance with goals they themselves have set.
All software and technology support is provided, however, participants are required to have access to a laptop or computer with an internet connection to take part in the program.
Creative programs for participants include:
- Game Development
- Short Film Making
- Creative Writing.
For more information and fees:
P: 07 3273 0000
Studio G program to deliver a world's best practice service and in doing so acknowledges the support of:
- The Edge, State Library of Queensland
- Helensvale Library
- The Lab