Advocating for Your Child on the Autism Spectrum
Date: July 26, 2022
Start time: 18:30 AEST
End time: 20:00 AEST
(on offer until 12 July 2022) inc. GST
Target participants: Parents/carers of children on the autism spectrum.
Advocating for your child/children is frequently required in the role of a parent/carer. Engaging in proactive and positive communication with your child’s key networks can sometimes be challenging to navigate and may lead to feelings of frustration and uncertainty about where to seek help.
This interactive workshop for parents and carers will explore strategies for advocating for the implementation of reasonable supports for young people on the autism spectrum across various contexts, including school and community settings.
Topics will include:
- Understanding your child/ren’s rights
- Working positively and proactively with your child’s network, including school and community stakeholders
- Ensuring your voice, and that of your child’s, is heard
- Where to go for more information and support.
USING NDIS FUNDING TO PAY FOR THIS WORKSHOP
Please proceed with your booking as normal but include the NDIS participant’s name in the notes part of your booking.
Plan or Agency-Managed
Click on the link following to be redirected to another form.
Our workshops and webinars are:
- Practical and easy to understand
- Interactive (limited numbers allow for participants to interact with each other and the facilitator)
- Drawn from current and evidence-informed practice.
Payment & Booking Conditions
Payment at the time of booking is preferred, however if you require an invoice to pay against please proceed with your order and select the EFT/Direct Deposit payment option on the Checkout page. A pending payment invoice will be emailed when the order is submitted. Please check your Junk/Clutter if you do not receive an email.
- Payment MUST be received prior to commencement of the webinar
- The link you receive is specific to this webinar
- Each link is for the person who has registered for the webinar
- Each individual needs to register and pay for their attendance
- Recording of this webinar is not permitted
- Registrations close 24 hours prior to the start of the session.
Professional Learning and Development - Terms & Conditions
Cancellation of Advertised Webinars and Courses by Autism Queensland
- Autism Queensland makes every attempt to ensure that webinars proceed as outlined.
- We reserve the right to alter any arrangements, including cancellation of a webianr, substitution of presenters, change of venue, if required.
- Registered participants will be notified as soon as possible should there be a cancellation, and all monies will be refunded.
- Cancellation of registration by the participant up to 10 working days prior to the scheduled date of workshops and courses will forfeit 50% of the cost.
- Cancellations up to one month prior to the date of an individually tailored service (“We Come to You”) will forfeit 10% of the cost.
- Cancellations up to 10 working days prior for the above will forfeit 50% of the cost.
- Where any non-refundable travel costs have been incurred by Autism Queensland, these costs will be borne by the registered participant/s.
- Transfers of payments are only possible for workshops run in the same school term and when 10 working days notification is given.
- Bookings are not confirmed until full payment has been received.
- Early bird payments must be received by Autism Queensland by the early bird date otherwise the standard rate is charged.