Autism, Stress and Anxiety
Date: August 17, 2022
Start time: 18:00 AEST
End time: 20:00 AEST
Venue: Bundaberg East State School, 33 Scotland St, Bundaberg East QLD 4670
$125.00 inc. GST
Audience: Parents/carers, professionals working with/supporting young people on the autism spectrum.
ABOUT THIS WORKSHOP
Stress and anxiety can have a significant impact on many young people on the autism spectrum and may be expressed in unexpected ways and be difficult to understand.
A greater understanding of anxiety and stress is vital to provide support that is effective and makes a difference in the long term.
This workshop is ideal for parents/carers or professionals who already have an understanding of autism.
This session will be co-facilitated with a professional from the AQ Autism and Mental Health Project who will share their professional knowledge and experience and give insight from an autistic perspective.
Topics will include:
- Understanding the functional impact of autism and anxiety
- Practical and positive strategies to support the young person’s anxiety.
Questions and sharing of information/ideas is encouraged and highly desirable to enhance learning outcomes for all.
Suitable for Queensland teacher CPD Annual Requirements, Australian Professional Standards for Teaching 1, 3, & 4.
USING NDIS FUNDING TO PAY FOR THIS WEBINAR
Please proceed with your booking as normal but include the NDIS participant’s name in the notes part of your booking.
Plan or Agency-Managed
Click on the link following to be redirected to another form.
Our workshops and webinars are:
- Practical and easy to understand
- Interactive (limited numbers allow for participants to interact with each other and the facilitator – on screen and/or on the chat facility)
- Drawn from current and evidence-informed practice.
Payment & Booking Conditions
Payment at the time of booking is preferred, however if you require an invoice to pay against please proceed with your order and select the EFT/Direct Deposit payment option on the Checkout page. A pending payment invoice will be emailed when the order is submitted. Please check your Junk/Clutter if you do not receive an email.
- Payment MUST be received prior to commencement of the webinar
- The link you receive is specific to this webinar
- Each link is for the person who has registered for the webinar
- Each individual needs to register and pay for their attendance
- Recording of this webinar is not permitted
- Registrations close 24 hours prior to the start of the session.
Professional Learning and Development - Terms & Conditions
Cancellation of Advertised Webinars, Workshops and Courses by Autism Queensland
- Autism Queensland makes every attempt to ensure events proceed as outlined.
- We reserve the right to alter any arrangements, including cancellation of a webinar, substitution of presenters, change of venue, if required.
- Registered participants will be notified as soon as possible should there be a cancellation, and all monies will be refunded.
- Cancellation of registration by the participant up to 10 working days prior to the scheduled date of event will forfeit 50% of the cost.
- Cancellations up to one month prior to the date of an individually tailored service (“We Come to You”) will forfeit 10% of the cost.
- Cancellations up to 10 working days prior for the above will forfeit 50% of the cost.
- Where any non-refundable travel costs have been incurred by Autism Queensland, these costs will be borne by the registered participant/s.
- Transfers of payments are only possible for events run in the same school term and when 10 working days notification is given.
- Bookings are not confirmed until full payment has been received.