Autistic Girls (up to 12 years old)
Date: March 11, 2024
Start time: 02:00 p.m. AEST
End time: 05:00 p.m. AEST
$155.00 inc. GST
Mon 11 Mar 2024, 2:00pm-5:00pm
Purchase your tickets at the link above.
Suitable for Queensland Teacher CPD Annual Requirements, Australian Professional Standards for Teaching 1, 3, & 4.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected]
- Parents/carers, professionals working with autistic girls
This webinar will explore characteristics more common to autistic girls and the ways in which to best support them.
We’ll discuss strategies to support authentic connections meaningful participation at home, school and community setting.
Co-facilitated by a teacher and mother of an autistic girl and an autistic person who also has experience in the mental health field.
- Key characteristic common to autistic girls.
- Why autistic girls are more likely to mask/camouflage?
- The impact of masking on mental health.
- When to seek professional support for mental health concerns.
- What is autistic burnout and potential solutions.
- Strategies to support authentic connections and meaningful participation in home, school, and community settings.
- Navigating friendships.
- Preparing autistic girls for puberty.
- Staying safe online.
- Are practical and easy to understand.
- Have limited numbers to allow for participant interaction and engagement.
- Allow you to ask questions and develop strategies to help you and your family.
- Are drawn from current and evidence-informed practice.
- Are presented by professionals with multi-discipline experience in autism and other areas.
NDIS funding to pay for session
Please proceed with your booking as normal but include the NDIS participant’s name in the notes part of your booking.
Plan or Agency-Managed
Click on the link following to be redirected to another form.
Payment & Booking Conditions
Payment at the time of booking is preferred, however if you require an invoice to pay against please proceed with your order and select the EFT/Direct Deposit payment option on the Checkout page. A pending payment invoice will be emailed when the order is submitted. Please check your Junk/Clutter if you do not receive an email.
- Payment MUST be received prior to commencement of the workshop.
- Registrations close 24 hours prior to the start of the session.
Professional Learning and Development - Terms & Conditions
Cancellation of Advertised Webinars, Workshops and Courses by Autism Queensland
- Autism Queensland makes every attempt to ensure events proceed as outlined.
- We reserve the right to alter any arrangements, including cancellation of a, event, substitution of presenters, change of venue, if required.
- Registered participants will be notified as soon as possible should there be a cancellation, and all monies will be refunded.
- Cancellation of registration by the participant up to 10 working days prior to the scheduled date of the event will forfeit 50% of the cost.
- Cancellations up to one month prior to the date of an individually tailored service (“We Come to You”) will forfeit 10% of the cost.
- Cancellations up to 10 working days prior for the above will forfeit 50% of the cost.
- Where any non-refundable travel costs have been incurred by Autism Queensland, these costs will be borne by the registered participant/s.
- Transfers of payments are only possible for events run in the same school term and when 10 working days notification is given.
- Bookings are not confirmed until full payment has been received.