Practical Strategies for OSHC & Vacation Care Staff
Date: October 13, 2021
Start time: 10:00 AEST
End time: 13:00 AEST
Venue: Autism Queensland Auditorium, 437 Hellawell Road, Sunnybank Hills QLD 4109
$125.00 inc. GST
A face to face workshop for OSHC & Vacation care staff aims to provide them with a greater understanding of autism and children within the groups they support who may be on the spectrum.
Topics will include:
- The characteristics of autism
- The impact of autism on individuals
- The importance of understanding the individual to support inclusion and maximise participation
- Targeted strategies to address identified issues in the OSHC environment, with particular considerations for vacation care.
Examples and cases will be discussed to highlight challenges and strategies that may be useful for those in attendance. Questions and sharing of information/ideas is encouraged and highly desirable to enhance learning outcomes for all.
Our workshops are:
- Practical and easy to understand
- Interactive (limited numbers allow for participants to interact with each other and the facilitator)
- Drawn from current and evidence-informed practice.
Payment & Booking Conditions
Payment at the time of booking is preferred, however if you require an invoice to pay against please proceed with your order and select the EFT/Direct Deposit payment option on the Checkout page. A pending payment invoice will be emailed when the order is submitted. Please check your Junk/Clutter if you do not receive an email.
- Payment MUST be received prior to commencement of the workshop
- The link you receive is specific to this webinar
- Each link is for the person who has registered for the webinar
- Each individual needs to register and pay for their attendance
- Recording of this webinar is not permitted
- Registrations close 24 hours prior to the start of the session.
Professional Learning and Development - Terms & Conditions
Cancellation of Advertised Workshops and Courses by Autism Queensland
- Autism Queensland makes every attempt to ensure that workshops proceed as outlined.
- We reserve the right to alter any arrangements, including cancellation of a workshop, substitution of presenters, change of venue, if required.
- Registered participants will be notified as soon as possible should there be a cancellation, and all monies will be refunded.
- Cancellation of registration by the participant up to 10 working days prior to the scheduled date of workshops and courses will forfeit 50% of the cost.
- Cancellations up to one month prior to the date of an individually tailored service (“We Come to You”) will forfeit 10% of the cost.
- Cancellations up to 10 working days prior for the above will forfeit 50% of the cost.
- Where any non-refundable travel costs have been incurred by Autism Queensland, these costs will be borne by the registered participant/s.
- Transfers of payments are only possible for workshops run in the same school term and when 10 working days notification is given.
- Bookings are not confirmed until full payment has been received.
- Early bird payments must be received by Autism Queensland by the early bird date otherwise the standard rate is charged.