Autism & Executive Functioning Skills (Part 1)
Date: August 09, 2022
Start time: 18:30 AEST
End time: 20:00 AEST
(on offer until 26 July 2022) inc. GST
Target participants: People on the autism spectrum, parents/carers, and any professionals working with children, youth, or adults on the spectrum.
This is the first part of a two-part webinar series. It is recommended you also attend part two.
Executive functioning skills include organisation, working memory, planning, inhibition, and other higher order cognitive skills. Some individuals on the autism spectrum require support to use these skills in home, educational, and community settings.
This webinar will provide participants with information about various executive functioning skills, as well as explore key strategies to help minimise the impact that executive dysfunction may have on an individual’s life. This session is part one of a two-part series. Participants are encouraged to attend both sessions, however this is not a requirement.
Topics covered in this interactive session include:
- Definition and examples of executive function skills
- Practical strategies to assist people on the spectrum across the lifespan to experience less impact from executive dysfunction in daily activities.
Questions and sharing of information/ideas is encouraged and highly desirable to enhance learning outcomes for all.
Suitable for Queensland teacher CPD Annual Requirements, Australian Professional Standards for Teaching 1, 3, & 4.
USING NDIS FUNDING TO PAY FOR THIS WEBINAR
Please proceed with your booking as normal but include the participant’s name in the notes section.
Plan or Agency-Managed
Click on the link following to be redirected to another form.
Our webinars are:
- Practical and easy to understand
- Interactive (limited numbers allow for participants to interact with each other and the facilitator – on screen and/or on the chat facility)
- Drawn from current and evidence-informed practice.
Payment & Booking Conditions
Payment at the time of booking is preferred, however if you require an invoice to pay against please proceed with your order and select the EFT/Direct Deposit payment option on the Checkout page. A pending payment invoice will be emailed when the order is submitted. Please check your Junk/Clutter if you do not receive an email.
- Payment MUST be received prior to commencement of the webinar
- The link you receive is specific to this webinar
- Each link is for the person who has registered for the webinar
- Each individual needs to register and pay for their attendance
- Recording of this webinar is not permitted
- Registrations close 24 hours prior to the start of the session.
Professional Learning and Development - Terms & Conditions
Cancellation of Advertised Workshops and Courses by Autism Queensland
- Autism Queensland makes every attempt to ensure that webinars proceed as outlined.
- We reserve the right to alter any arrangements, including cancellation of a webinar, substitution of presenters, change of venue, if required.
- Registered participants will be notified as soon as possible should there be a cancellation, and all monies will be refunded.
- Cancellation of registration by the participant up to 10 working days prior to the scheduled date of workshops and courses will forfeit 50% of the cost.
- Cancellations up to one month prior to the date of an individually tailored service (“We Come to You”) will forfeit 10% of the cost.
- Cancellations up to 10 working days prior for the above will forfeit 50% of the cost.
- Where any non-refundable travel costs have been incurred by Autism Queensland, these costs will be borne by the registered participant/s.
- Transfers of payments are only possible for workshops run in the same school term and when 10 working days notification is given.
- Bookings are not confirmed until full payment has been received.
- Early bird payments must be received by Autism Queensland by the early bird date otherwise the standard rate is charged.