Inclusive Strategies for Students on the Autism Spectrum
Date: September 06, 2022
Start time: 15:30 AEST
End time: 17:30 AEST
Venue: Kingaroy & Districts RSL & Citizens Memorial Club - Cnr Markwell & Short Street, KINGAROY QLD 4610
(on offer until 22 August 2022) inc. GST
WE’RE COMING TO KINGAROY!
Audience: School staff, parents/carers and other professionals working with children on the autism spectrum.
ABOUT THIS WORKSHOP
Every student has the right to have access to education and care (ECEC) services and every student can benefit from meaningful participation. But what does this mean and how do we do this? If you are a professional working in a school, or are a parent/carer with a school aged child, then this workshop is for you.
Participants will have the opportunity to learn more about how to provide opportunities for them to meaningfully participate in a school setting. This interactive workshop will highlight strategies for inclusion of school students on the autism spectrum as identified by research, experience, and feedback from students and school staff.
Key topics to be covered in this workshop include:
- Educational needs of students on the autism spectrum
- Universal Design for Learning
- Inclusive, practical strategies to support students on the autism spectrum
- Peer-mediated supports.
This workshop will be facilitated by a teacher with many years experience working with students on the autism spectrum.
Suitable for Queensland teacher CPD Annual Requirements, Australian Professional Standards for Teaching 1, 3, & 4.
USING NDIS FUNDING TO PAY FOR THIS WORKSHOP
Please proceed with your booking as normal but include the NDIS participant’s name in the notes part of your booking.
Plan or Agency-Managed
Click on the link following to be redirected to another form.
Our workshops and webinars are:
- Practical and easy to understand
- Interactive (limited numbers allow for participants to interact with each other and the facilitator – on screen and/or on the chat facility)
- Drawn from current and evidence-informed practice.
Payment & Booking Conditions
Payment at the time of booking is preferred, however if you require an invoice to pay against please proceed with your order and select the EFT/Direct Deposit payment option on the Checkout page. A pending payment invoice will be emailed when the order is submitted. Please check your Junk/Clutter if you do not receive an email.
- Payment MUST be received prior to commencement of the workshop
- Registrations close 48 hours prior to the start of the session.
Professional Learning and Development - Terms & Conditions
Cancellation of Advertised Workshops, Webinars and Courses by Autism Queensland
- Autism Queensland makes every attempt to ensure events proceed as outlined.
- We reserve the right to alter any arrangements, including cancellation of a webinar, substitution of presenters, change of venue, if required.
- Registered participants will be notified as soon as possible should there be a cancellation, and all monies will be refunded.
- Cancellation of registration by the participant up to 10 working days prior to the scheduled date of webinars and courses will forfeit 50% of the cost.
- Cancellations up to one month prior to the date of an individually tailored service (“We Come to You”) will forfeit 10% of the cost.
- Cancellations up to 10 working days prior for the above will forfeit 50% of the cost.
- Where any non-refundable travel costs have been incurred by Autism Queensland, these costs will be borne by the registered participant/s.
- Transfers of payments are only possible for events run in the same school term and when 10 working days notification is given.
- Bookings are not confirmed until full payment has been received.