Practical Strategies for Teacher Aides & School Officers
Date: September 07, 2022
Start time: 09:00 AEST
End time: 14:30 AEST
Venue: Kingaroy & Districts RSL & Citizens Memorial Club - Cnr Markwell & Short Street, KINGAROY QLD 4610
(on offer until 23 August 2022) inc. GST
WE’RE COMING TO KINGAROY!
Audience: Teacher Aides, School Officers, Administration Staff, Other Professionals, OSHC Staff.
ABOUT THIS WORKSHOP
This session will provide an introductory understanding of autism and will explore proactive strategies that support inclusion and maximise participation within school settings.
Participants will also learn about the underlying reasons for behaviours of concern and how to be successful in behaviour support strategies.
This workshop is co-designed with people with lived experience of autism.
Topics will include:
- Practical strategies to support inclusion and participation at school
- Understanding underlying reasons for behaviours that may be of concern
- Positive, proactive strategies for reducing behaviours of concern.
Suitable for Queensland teacher CPD Annual Requirements, Australian Professional Standards for Teaching 1, 3, & 4.
Our workshops and webinars are:
- Practical and easy to understand
- Interactive (limited numbers allow for participants to interact with each other and the facilitator – on screen and/or on the chat facility)
- Drawn from current and evidence-informed practice.