Practical Strategies for Teacher Aides
Date: November 03, 2021
Start time: 09:30 AEST
End time: 14:00 AEST
Venue: Autism Hub, 141 Merton Rd Woolloongabba QLD 4102
$180.00 inc. GST
8 in stock
Target participants: Teacher Aides
Teacher Aides attending this workshop will gain an understanding of autism and how it may impact students as we explore proactive strategies that are to support inclusion and maximise participation.
Discussions will cover:
- The characteristics of autism and its impact on individuals (strengths and challenges)
- The importance of understanding the individual student to enhance engagement and learning outcomes
- Practical strategies to support inclusion and participation in class.
Questions and sharing of information/ideas is encouraged and highly desirable to enhance learning outcomes for all.
Our workshops are:
- Practical and easy to understand
- Interactive (limited numbers allow for participants to interact with each other and the facilitator)
- Drawn from current and evidence-informed practice.
Payment & Booking Conditions
Payment at the time of booking is preferred, however if you require an invoice to pay against please proceed with your order and select the EFT/Direct Deposit payment option on the Checkout page. A pending payment invoice will be emailed when the order is submitted. Please check your Junk/Clutter if you do not receive an email.
- Payment MUST be received prior to commencement of the workshop
- Each individual needs to register and pay for their attendance.
Professional Learning and Development - Terms & Conditions
Cancellation of Advertised Workshops and Courses by Autism Queensland
- Autism Queensland makes every attempt to ensure that workshops proceed as outlined.
- We reserve the right to alter any arrangements, including cancellation of a workshop, substitution of presenters, change of venue, if required.
- Registered participants will be notified as soon as possible should there be a cancellation, and all monies will be refunded.
- Cancellation of registration by the participant up to 10 working days prior to the scheduled date of workshops and courses will forfeit 50% of the cost.
- Cancellations up to one month prior to the date of an individually tailored service (“We Come to You”) will forfeit 10% of the cost.
- Cancellations up to 10 working days prior for the above will forfeit 50% of the cost.
- Where any non-refundable travel costs have been incurred by Autism Queensland, these costs will be borne by the registered participant/s.
- Transfers of payments are only possible for workshops run in the same school term and when 10 working days notification is given.
- Bookings are not confirmed until full payment has been received.
- Early bird payments must be received by Autism Queensland by the early bird date otherwise the standard rate is charged.