Understanding & Supporting Girls & Women on the Autism Spectrum
Date: September 06, 2022
Start time: 18:30 AEST
End time: 20:30 AEST
Venue: Kingaroy & Districts RSL & Citizens Memorial Club - Cnr Markwell & Short Street, KINGAROY QLD 4610
(on offer until 22 August 2022) inc. GST
WE’RE COMING TO KINGAROY!
Audience: Educators, therapists, parents/carers and other professionals working with girls and women on the autism spectrum.
ABOUT THIS WORKSHOP
Girls and women on the autism spectrum are often highly skilled in masking or camouflaging their characteristics. Often unrecognised, the unique profile of girls and women on the autism spectrum will be discussed, highlighting key areas specific to young girls and teenage girls.
This workshop for parents and carers will be facilitated by a teacher with many years’ experience working with young girls on the spectrum, and mother to a 10 year old girl on the spectrum.
- Understanding the presentation of girls and women on the spectrum
- Strategies to support authentic connections in home, school, and community settings
- Supporting girls and women with strategies to assist with anxiety, safety, puberty, and friendships.
Questions and sharing of information/ideas is encouraged and highly desirable to enhance learning outcomes for all.
Suitable for Queensland teacher CPD Annual Requirements, Australian Professional Standards for Teaching 1, 3, & 4.
Our workshops and webinars are:
- Practical and easy to understand
- Interactive (limited numbers allow for participants to interact with each other and the facilitator – on screen and/or on the chat facility)
- Drawn from current and evidence-informed practice.
Payment & Booking Conditions
Payment at the time of booking is preferred, however if you require an invoice to pay against please proceed with your order and select the EFT/Direct Deposit payment option on the Checkout page. A pending payment invoice will be emailed when the order is submitted. Please check your Junk/Clutter if you do not receive an email.
- Payment MUST be received prior to commencement of the workshop.
- Registrations close 24 hours prior to the start of the session.
Professional Learning and Development - Terms & Conditions
Cancellation of Advertised Webinars, Workshops and Courses by Autism Queensland
- Autism Queensland makes every attempt to ensure events proceed as outlined.
- We reserve the right to alter any arrangements, including cancellation of a, event, substitution of presenters, change of venue, if required.
- Registered participants will be notified as soon as possible should there be a cancellation, and all monies will be refunded.
- Cancellation of registration by the participant up to 10 working days prior to the scheduled date of the event will forfeit 50% of the cost.
- Cancellations up to one month prior to the date of an individually tailored service (“We Come to You”) will forfeit 10% of the cost.
- Cancellations up to 10 working days prior for the above will forfeit 50% of the cost.
- Where any non-refundable travel costs have been incurred by Autism Queensland, these costs will be borne by the registered participant/s.
- Transfers of payments are only possible for events run in the same school term and when 10 working days notification is given.
- Bookings are not confirmed until full payment has been received.