Supported Independent Living (SIL)
Moving into a home of your own is an important event in everyone’s life. At AQ we can help autistic adults achieve this life goal.
Autism Queensland supports autistic adults (18-65 years) in South East Queensland to live in a home of their, often with one or two others.
Our experienced, caring and committed lifestyle support workers (LSWs) provide individualised 24-hour support and are trained to provide evidence-informed supports across a range of disabilities, including autism.
They are skilled in developing individual capacity and encourage our residents to engage in the community, explore existing interests and develop new ones; we help them get to work and find and make new friends. We want our residents to enjoy the very best life outcomes and experience enjoyment in their day to day activities.
Talk to us today to learn more about how we can help.
Learn more about our SIL Model
Autism Queensland’s model of support is based on an understanding of the needs and preferences of each person and providing support in areas where skill development may be more difficult.
If you or your family member are considering seeking our support for a safe and welcoming home in the community we want you to know the AQ LSW Team:
- Are dedicated to supporting the person seeking to live out of home and ensuring they are involved in decisions that impact their daily life.
- Work alongside the individual, their family and other supports and community.
- Aim to enable the person to live their best life in a home environment where they feel safe, relaxed and comfortable.
- Ensure all plans relating to the person are developed with clear strategies to help achievement of aspirations and goals.
- Ensure the person has regular opportunities to participate in activities they enjoy and the supports they need for this to happen.
- Provide a model of support that builds a two-way relationship with the person they support.
- Understand the importance of supporting the people they care for to have an enjoyable and engaging lifestyle.
AQ SIL Support Packages Include:
- Daily living supports
- Utilities and management
- Garden, lawn and path maintenance
- Shared area furnishings (including replacements)
- Cleaning products, spring cleaning, oven, floors etc.
- Emergency equipment and testing
- Reactive maintenance
- Pest control
Eligibility and all final costs will be calculated based on client needs.
For more information regarding the AQ SIL model, inclusions and costs please contact: [email protected].
Request a SIL Service / Make an Enquiry
We encourage you to enquire even if we have no current vacancies as we will do our best to assist.
If you are a NEW client wanting to request a service or seeking more information please click here to fill out our online enquiry form.
If you are an EXISTING client wanting to request a service or seeking more information please click here to send us an email with details.
One bedroom available now in this lovely brick home at the end of a cul-de-sac. Located near multiple walking trails and parklands, it is also only a short walk from public transport and a 3-minute drive to local shops.