Professional Development & Parent Education
Workshops & Webinars
Autism Queensland delivers autism-focussed webinars, face to face workshops and specialised training services for a range of audiences including:
- Parents, Carers & Family Members
- Teacher Aides &/or School Officers
- Lifestyle Support Workers
- OHSC & Vacation Care staff
- Disability Employment Consultants
- Others working with and supporting autistic children and adults.
Our webinars and workshops are:
- Practical & easy to understand
- Available in a variety of formats
- Drawn from current & evidence-based practice
- Provide opportunities for case discussions.
Professional Learning & Development Terms & Conditions
Cancellation of Advertised Workshops and Courses by Autism Queensland
- Autism Queensland makes every attempt to ensure that workshops proceed as outlined.
- We reserve the right to alter any arrangements, including cancellation of a workshop, substitution of presenters, change of venue, if required.
- Registered participants will be notified as soon as possible should there be a cancellation, and all monies will be refunded.
- Cancellation of registration by the participant up to 10 working days prior to the scheduled date of workshops and courses will forfeit 50% of the cost.
- Cancellations up to one month prior to the date of an individually tailored service (“We Come to You”) will forfeit 10% of the cost.
- Cancellations up to 10 working days prior for the above will forfeit 50% of the cost.
- Where any non-refundable travel costs have been incurred by Autism Queensland, these costs will be borne by the registered participant/s.
- Transfers of payments are only possible for workshops run in the same school term and when 10 working days notification is given.
- Bookings are not confirmed until full payment has been received.
- If full payment is not received by Autism Queensland within seven (7) days, the order will be cancelled.
- Early bird payments must be received by Autism Queensland by the early bird date otherwise the standard rate is charged.
Did you know our professional learning team can come to you – online or in person? These workshops can be tailored to meet your needs and delivered at a range of venues. They provide attendees with the opportunity to discuss the complexities of autism in detail and offer practical, strength-based ideas that can be applied immediately.
Autism and Mental Health Services Project
Autism-specific training for mainstream mental health professionals and general practitioners.
Scout Leader Training
Autism Queensland is working with Scouts Queensland to deliver free autism information workshops for their Leaders.
Early Years Connect
Autism Queensland was a proud partner with Early Childhood Australia and C&K in Early Years Connect, a professional development package funded and supported by the Queensland Government and designed to support early childhood education and care (ECEC) educators working with children with complex additional needs.
We can email you updates about our scheduled workshops and other professional learning events.