Professional Development & Parent Education
Autism Queensland delivers autism-specific workshops, webinars, and specialised training services for a range of audiences including:
- Parents & Carers
- Teacher Aides &/or School Officers
- Lifestyle Support Workers
- OHSC & Vacation Care staff
- Disability Employment Consultants.
Our professional learning and development facilitators present a range of workshops across Queensland on topics including, Understanding ASD, Behaviour Success with Young Children, Core Strategies for OHSC & Vacation Care, Developing Inclusive Strategies, and others.
Please note: NDIS Funding can be used if applicable.
Autism Queensland webinars and workshops are:
- Practical & easy to understand
- Available in a variety of formats
- Drawn from current & evidence-based practice
- Provide opportunities for case discussions.
Professional Learning & Development Terms & Conditions
Cancellation of Advertised Workshops and Courses by Autism Queensland
- Autism Queensland makes every attempt to ensure that workshops proceed as outlined.
- We reserve the right to alter any arrangements, including cancellation of a workshop, substitution of presenters, change of venue, if required.
- Registered participants will be notified as soon as possible should there be a cancellation, and all monies will be refunded.
- Cancellation of registration by the participant up to 10 working days prior to the scheduled date of workshops and courses will forfeit 50% of the cost.
- Cancellations up to one month prior to the date of an individually tailored service (“We Come to You”) will forfeit 10% of the cost.
- Cancellations up to 10 working days prior for the above will forfeit 50% of the cost.
- Where any non-refundable travel costs have been incurred by Autism Queensland, these costs will be borne by the registered participant/s.
- Transfers of payments are only possible for workshops run in the same school term and when 10 working days notification is given.
- Bookings are not confirmed until full payment has been received.
- Early bird payments must be received by Autism Queensland by the early bird date otherwise the standard rate is charged.
Our facilitators also deliver Early Days Workshops in Queensland on behalf of the Department of Social Services as part of the Helping Children with Autism initiative. These workshops are for parents & carers of children aged seven years and under who have a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder or are going through the assessment and diagnosis process.
Did you know our professional learning team can come to you? Autism Queensland’s Professional Learning Team delivers specialised workshops on topics relating to autism. These workshops can be tailored to meet your needs and delivered at a range of venues. They provide attendees with the opportunity to discuss the complexities of autism in detail and offer practical, strength-based ideas that can be applied immediately.
Early Years Connect
Autism Queensland was a proud partner with Early Childhood Australia and C&K in Early Years Connect, a professional development package funded and supported by the Queensland Government and designed to support early childhood education and care (ECEC) educators working with children with complex additional needs.
Autism and Mental Health Project
This project, under development, will deliver autism-specific training for mainstream mental health professionals.
We can email you updates about our scheduled workshops and other professional learning events.