Child Safe Organisation
Autism Queensland is committed to promoting and protecting the safety of children and young people.
Autism Queensland does not tolerate any form of harm against children or young people including physical abuse, sexual abuse, neglect, or psychological abuse.
Autism Queensland has an expectation that all employees, volunteers, carers, and the community who come into contact with the organisaton will:
- Always act in the best interest of children and young people.
- Actively encourage children and young people and their families to have a say about things that are important to them.
- Act quickly on any child safety concerns or allegations of abuse.
Autism Queensland has made a commitment to implement the Child Safe National Principles:
- Child safety and wellbeing is embedded in organisational leadership, governance and culture.
- Children and young people are informed about their rights, participate in decisions affecting them and
are taken seriously.
- Families and communities are informed and involved in promoting child safety and wellbeing.
- Equity is upheld and diverse needs respected in policy and practice.
- People working with children and young people are suitable and supported to reflect child safety and
wellbeing values in practice.
- Processes to respond to complaints and concerns are child focused.
- Staff and volunteers are equipped with the knowledge, skills and awareness to keep children and young
people safe through ongoing education and training.
- Physical and online environments promote safety and wellbeing while minimising the opportunity for
children and young people to be harmed.
- Implementation of the national child safe principles is regularly reviewed and improved.
- Policies and procedures document how the organisation is safe for children and young people.
If you would like to raise any concerns relating to the safety of a child or young person at Autism Queensland please contact us at 07 3273 0000.
If you believe a child or young person is at immediate risk of harm or abuse phone 000.