School Advisory Service
The School Advisory Service* takes place at schools (face-to-face or via video conferencing) across Queensland and aims to provide information, advice, support and individualised strategies to support the educational outcomes of children with ASD. Our therapists and teachers visit eligible students from Prep to Year 12 in their education setting (State Schools, Independent Schools, Catholic Education Schools).
*Requests must be submitted by the school.
Schools in South East Queensland
Greater Brisbane, Ipswich, Toowoomba, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast.
Delivered throughout the school year.
Requesting a School Advisory Service
PLEASE NOTE: This process has changed. AQ has implemented a new digital system to further streamline this process.
To request a School Advisory Service for a student at your school:
- Discuss your intention with the student’s parent/carer before completing the request form. (Parent/carer will receive an automated email as soon as you submit the request.)
- Use your school’s Unique Webform Link to access the School Advisory Service request form.
This link is pre-populated with the details of your school and has been emailed to all schools in Queensland and is the link you will use to request School Advisory Services for students at your school from now on.
NB. If your school has not received this email please check your principal@xxx inbox and junk/clutter folders. If after doing this you have still not received the link for your school/or need to request your school’s unique link please click here. (Link will be forwarded within 1 business day.)
- Complete a School Advisory Service request form for each student for whom you are requesting a service.
You can request services for multiple students by using the same Unique Webform Link to open a new form.
When you submit the request:
- You will receive a confirmation email; and
- The student’s parent/carer will receive an email with a link to an electronic Parent Consent form.
(If the parent/caregiver/s do not have an email address please contact us.)
- Autism Queensland will be notified that a request has been initiated.
- When the parent/carer has completed the electronic Parent Consent form, we will be notified and begin processing your request.
Please contact us if you are experiencing problems or require further information.
The School Advisory Service is supported by the Queensland Government through the Department of Education Specialist Disability Support in Schools (SDSS) Program.