Client Safety & Wellbeing
Autism Queensland is committed to promoting and protecting the safety and wellbeing of all clients.
Autism Queensland does not tolerate any form of harm against our clients including physical abuse, sexual abuse, neglect, or psychological abuse.
Autism Queensland has an expectation that all employees, volunteers, carers, and the community who come into contact with the organisaton will:
- Always act in the best interest of the client.
- Actively encourage clients and their families to have a say about things that are important to them.
- Act quickly on any client safety concerns or allegations of abuse.
Autism Queensland has made a commitment to client safety and wellbeing by:
- Ensuring client safety and wellbeing is embedded in organisational leadership, governance and culture.
- Families and communities are informed and involved in promoting client safety and wellbeing.
- Equity is upheld and diverse needs respected in policy and practice.
- Clients are informed about their rights, participate in decisions affecting them and are taken seriously.
- People working with Autism Queensland are suitable and supported to reflect client safety and
wellbeing values in practice.
- Processes to respond to complaints and concerns are client focused.
- Staff and volunteers are equipped with the knowledge, skills and awareness to keep clients safe through ongoing education and training.
- Physical and online environments promote safety and wellbeing while minimising the opportunity for clients to be harmed.
If you would like to raise any concerns relating to the safety of a client at Autism Queensland please contact us on 07 3273 0000.
If you believe you or a client is at immediate risk of harm or abuse phone 000.