Introducing Neurodiversity Works…
1 May 2023
...a bespoke program aimed at increasing employment opportunities for neurodivergent adults.
Funded by the Queensland Government’s Department of Small Business and Employment as part of their Workforce Connect Fund, Neurodiversity Works is the latest in Autism Queensland’s suite of specialist employment services.
Specialists within the team will support, educate and build employer confidence to successfully hire, integrate and retain autistic and neurodivergent adults 18-65 years across varied industries in South East Queensland.
Key aspects of the program include:
- Assessment of an employer’s capacity, processes and support requirements to effectively hire neurodivergent candidates.
- Education and training for businesses and their staff about autism and neurodivergence.
- Understanding the culture and recruitment needs of each business partner and applying a collaboration framework to match organisation needs against those of the potential employee.
- Review of recruitment, interview and onboarding practice and recommendations provided that are appropriate for neurodivergent candidates.
- Identify neurodiversity champions within businesses to influence diversity and inclusion.
Neurodiversity Works is one of 16 new programs funded by the Queensland Government through the Workforce Connect Fund connecting employers to peak bodies and organisations with jobseekers who are not traditionally a source of employees.
Recruitment for suitably qualified employment specialists to work within the program has commenced.
For more information:
T 07 3273 0000