Putting Positive Behaviour Support into Practice
Date: March 13, 2024
Start time: 09:00 a.m. AEST
End time: 03:00 p.m. AEST
Venue: South Burnett Care, Corner Kingaroy & Avoca Streets, Kingaroy Qld 4610
$240.00 inc. GST
Wed 13 Mar, 9:00am-3:00pm
South Burnett Care, Corner Kingaroy & Avoca Streets, Kingaroy QLD 4610
Purchase your tickets at the link above. If you have any questions, please email [email protected]
Suitable for Queensland teacher CPD Annual Requirements, Australian Professional Standards for Teaching 1, 3, & 4.
- Educators, therapists, other professionals, parents/carers.
In this interactive workshop, participants will be provided with an understanding of the ways in which a Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) framework can assist with understanding and identifying the possible underlying reasons for behaviours of concern. During the workshop, all participants will have the opportunity to work on their own support plan. This will be applicable for home, early childhood, school, and community settings.
- Understanding the practical use of a PBS framework
- Understanding possible reasons for behaviours of concern
- Use this understanding to create planned, positive, and proactive strategies
- Are practical and easy to understand.
- Have limited numbers to allow for participant interaction and engagement.
- Allow you to ask questions and develop strategies to help you and your family.
- Are drawn from current and evidence-informed practice.
- Are presented by professionals with multi-discipline experience in autism and other areas.
NDIS Funding to pay for this session
Please proceed with your booking as normal but include the NDIS participant’s name in the notes part of your booking.
Plan or Agency-Managed
Click on the link following to be redirected to another form.
Payment & Booking Conditions
Payment at the time of booking is preferred, however if you require an invoice to pay against please proceed with your order and select the EFT/Direct Deposit payment option on the Checkout page. A pending payment invoice will be emailed when the order is submitted. Please check your Junk/Clutter if you do not receive an email.
- Payment MUST be received prior to commencement of the workshop
- Registrations close 24 hours prior to the start of the session.
Professional Learning and Development - Terms & Conditions
Cancellation of Advertised Workshops, Webinars and Courses by Autism Queensland
- Autism Queensland makes every attempt to ensure events proceed as outlined.
- We reserve the right to alter any arrangements, including cancellation of a webinar, substitution of presenters, change of venue, if required.
- Registered participants will be notified as soon as possible should there be a cancellation, and all monies will be refunded.
- Cancellation of registration by the participant up to 10 working days prior to the scheduled date of webinars and courses will forfeit 50% of the cost.
- Cancellations up to one month prior to the date of an individually tailored service (“We Come to You”) will forfeit 10% of the cost.
- Cancellations up to 10 working days prior for the above will forfeit 50% of the cost.
- Where any non-refundable travel costs have been incurred by Autism Queensland, these costs will be borne by the registered participant/s.
- Transfers of payments are only possible for events run in the same school term and when 10 working days notification is given.
- Bookings are not confirmed until full payment has been received.